Who are our Poll Workers?
Our Poll Workers are over 400 civic minded members of your community, such as your friends, neighbors, former school teachers, retires and veterans, all of whom are proud to serve our community as poll workers. We count on each one of our poll workers to make our voters glad they exercised their right and privilege to vote.
How do I qualify as a Poll Worker?
- Be registered to vote in Santa Rosa County
- Be able to work at the precinct from 6:00am until after the polls close at 7:00pm (a minimum of 13 hours)
- Be able to move and assemble several 20 pound voting booths
- Be able to deal with the voting public in a courteous, patient and efficient manner
- Attend training prior to each election
What are my responsibilities as a Poll Worker?
- Attend required training sessions
- Arrive at assigned precinct by 6:00am on Election Day
- Assist with setting up the polling place by 7:00am on Election Day
- Provide assistance to voters if needed
- Assist with breaking down the polling place following the closing of the polls